When I first started Slimming World I was really keen to find meals that both my husband and I could enjoy together and Slimming World lets you do just that. There’s so many different meals that you can enjoy so when I was introduced to the concept of a burger in a bowl by some friends in group, I knew that I had to give it a go.
The recipe for burger in a bowl is really simple and only takes ten minutes to throw together.
- 250g extra lean beef mince (extra lean mince will be labelled as 5%)
- One onion, chopped
- Garlic Salt
- Pepper, for seasoning
- Light thousand island dressing (Kraft Light is only 0.5 syn per tablespoon)
- 3 slices of reduced fat sliced cheese (5.5 syns or a HeXA)
- Salad (cucumber, tomatoes, onion)
- Low calorie spray (I use Frylight)
- Spray the saucepan with low calories spray
- Chop the onion and brown both the mince and onion together
- Cut the 3 slices of cheese into smaller slices
- Once the mince and onion is browned, add half of the cheese and mix well
- Plate up some lettuce and whatever salad you fancy
- Chop up the gherkins
- Spoon the mince mix onto the plate
- Dress with the rest of the cheese and the gherkins
- Drizzle with a tablespoon of thousand island dressing
My hubby who doesn’t usually like gherkins actually enjoys this meal and it’s ridiculous how close to a Big Mac it tastes without the guilt!
Half of the burger in a bowl recipe is worth 3 syns (using only one tablespoon of dressing)