Our Meal Planning Monday post should be renamed From the Freezer Monday as this week we’re delving deep in to the depths of our freezer to use up some of the meal portions we’ve had stocked up for the last couple of months.
We tend to make big portions of meals and hubby and I both have a portion for our dinner then we usually divide the rest up for lunch the next day. Hubby will always take a portion to work but I sometimes don’t fancy the such a big meal at lunchtime (opting for a lighter on the stomach salad) so pop a foil container full of leftovers in the freezer for when time isn’t on our side or we’re only cooking for one (adult).
Here’s what’s on the menu this week in our house:
- Speedy chicken and vegetable rice (This was a synfree meal until Bachelors changed the recipe of their Super Rice – apparently its now quicker to cook but no longer synfree. The SW app is yet to show the syns!)
- Campfire stew with swede mash and vegetables
- Cottage pie with vegetables
- Bacon, squash and sweet potato stew with vegetables
- Nando’s garlic and herb rub with rice and salad
- Beef stew
Little Mr usually has a different evening meal to us due to time constraints but he’ll often eat one of the following meals
- Omelette with ham and cheese (& additional cucumber on the side)
- Sausage, mash and vegetables
- Pasta carbonara with ham and peas
- Scrambled egg, hot dog sausages and toast
- Grilled chicken, potatoes and vegetables
I’m really looking forward to breaking up from work for the Easter break on Thursday. I’ve got 11 whole days off (including weekends) from work and I cannot wait. There will be less rushing of an evening and we’ll both get time to cook meals at a more leisurely pace. I can’t wait to have some quality time with my boys. Bring on the holidays!
What are you eating this week? Do you cook different meals for your children? I’d love to hear what meal times are like in your house.
I’m linking up to Mrs M’s Meal Planning Monday post