It’s Monday, the start of a brand new week, two weeks until I break up for a week of annual leave and the countdown is well and truly on! We’ve all been feeling a bit rubbish in our family over the last couple of weeks and I don’t know about you but when you feel rubbish you just want comfort food. We’re exactly the same but I’m determined to make comfort food slimming world friendly and will allow me to stay on plan.
Here’s the meals we’ve got planned for the week ahead –
- Slow cooker jacket potatoes with baked beans for me / tuna mayo for hubby / grated cheese for Little Mr
- Leftover bolognese from the freezer with swede for me and pasta for hubby and Little Mr
- Sausage and Mash with vegetables (I’ll have synfree SW sausages and the boys will have ‘proper’ sausages)
- Burger in a Bowl
- Meatballs and Pasta (I’ll have synfree SW meatballs and the boys will have Swedish meatballs)
- Hubby’s Omelettes with onion, mushrooms, peppers and side salad
Last week we tried a new recipe from a SW recipe book; Chermoula chicken and fruity cous cous. Chermoula is a North African (Moroccan/Tunisia area) mix of spices and lemon juice; red onion, paprika, ground cumin, garlic, parsley, cayenne pepper and ground coriander We do love our chicken and our spices so was hopeful it was going to be rather delicious.
Well, it was delicious although it was a bit too fiery for our liking so next time I think I’ll reduce the amount of spice in it and make a SW friendly raita sauce to cool our mouths down. For the record, there’s not a chance Little Mr would eat this so he had very Black Country Faggots and Mash!
The fruity cous cous was really delicious and I really enjoyed it. It’s a mix of plain cous cous with chopped apple, grapes, orange and cherry tomatoes. It went really well with the chermoula chicken and I’ll probably have it again with salad for lunch in the week.
Have a good week everyone, what are you eating this week? As usual I’m linking up with Mrs M’s Meal Planning Monday. Pop over for foodie inspiration and meal ideas.