It’s Shrove Tuesday and that means one thing, it’s Pancake Day! I am a bit of a pancake lover and will be making some pancakes after weigh in later this evening sprinkling them with a naughty spoonful of synned granulated sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. It’s a post weigh in treat and I can’t wait.
For those people who are following the Slimming World plan and don’t want to eat pancakes full of syns then you could use this synfree pancake recipe which makes two good sized pancakes.
Edit: This recipe uses powdered sweetener which might not be everyone’s choice and that is fine but it’s an alternative which is out there if you want it!
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 6 tablespoons of powdered sweetener
– Low calorie cooking spray (e.g One Cal or Frylight)
1. Separate the yolk and egg white into two bowls
2. Add half of the powdered sweetener (3 tablespoons) to the egg white
3. Whisk up the egg white until it looks like stiff peaks
4. Add the vanilla extract and rest of the sweetener to the egg yolk and mix well
5. Fold the two mixtures together
6. Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and pour half into the pan
7. Flip pancake over to brown both sides
8. Add your favourite toppings and enjoy
I love sugar and lemon juice but you can use powdered sweetener for a synfree alternative. You could chop up strawberries and raspberries and enjoy a fruit topped pancake. For the chocolate lovers, choc shot is an amazing invention and you only need a teaspoon for half a syn, delicious. Enjoy!
A big thank you to Maxine Foord for sharing her photograph of her Slimming World pancakes. How delicious do they look?