A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of meeting the lady behind my BritMums Live 2015 sponsor, Rea, of ISA Holistics. I met Rea at the Holistics Centre in Wolverhampton, West Midlands and was able to have a good chat with her all about her background, how ISA Holistics started and what she can offer to mums-to-be, mums and babies in the local area.
Rea is a professionally qualified holistic therapist with a wealth of experience in massage, baby and pre-natal yoga and reflexology. When her own daughter suffered with severe eczema as a baby, she had heard baby massage could help so learnt the techniques and used them on her daughter. To her amazement, her daughters skin disorder improved and since then Rea has helped lots of families learn the techniques of baby massage.
Little Mr and I were lucky enough to have a nosy around the Holistics Centre and it really is a very calming and relaxing space.
Rea is also an Associate Teacher for MamaBabyBliss and runs courses on Baby Massage and Baby Yoga.
Baby Massage benefits
– Helps baby with growth and development
– Promotes relaxation to aid sleep
– Can help with colic, constipation and wind
– Encourages bonding and interaction
Baby Yoga benefits
– Develops balance, co-ordination and your baby’s sensory motor skills
– Helps strengthen the digestive, respiratory and immune system
– Develops the baby’s body-mind awareness and co-ordination
Classes for 2015
Pre-natal Yoga – 5 week course starts Wednesday 11th March until Wednesday 8th April, 6-7pm (£35 per course)
– strengthen your body and relax your mind whilst learning essential tools and techniques to prepare you throughout your pregnancy and into delivery
Baby Massage – 5 week course starts Thursday 5th March until Thursday 2nd April, 10:30-11:30am (£35 per course)
– using nurturing techniques this is wonderful for younger babies soothing colic, wind, helping babies to sleep, building their digestive, circulatory and immune systems. Groups also cover discussions, support and advice on various parenting topics.
Baby Yoga – 5 week course starts Monday 16th March until Monday 13th April, 12:30-1:30pm (£35 per course)
– Compliments baby massage to aid baby’s physical and mental development. Aids brain development and sense of co-ordination, balance and sensory skills
After speaking to Rea for nearly two hours, I came away smiling. Rea is a lovely lady who is hugely positive and has such a happy aura around her. I found her to be very inspiring and imagine that her classes allow her clients and their babies to be calm, relaxed and hugely beneficial for both Mum and baby. I wish I had known about her when Little Mr was a small baby and we could have taken part in her classes. Maybe next baby?