21 days in..

keep going

It’s been 21 days since I stepped on the scales in class, followed the plan pretty much to the letter and so far I’ve really enjoyed it. I keep calling syns points, which of course is from the old plan I used to follow but I’m sure it’ll all fall into place soon enough.

For breakfast I’ve been enjoying either fruit, yogurt and All Bran or fruit, two weetabix and a splash of milk. For lunch, I’ve been eating superfree salads with chicken or ham with a splash of fat free dressing. My favourite is Morrison’s NUME Lemon and Herb dressing which is really tasty and makes a salad a bit more interesting. If I’m at home I’ve been able to have a baked potato with baked beans or an omelette packed with mushrooms, peppers and onions. Depending on what I’ve had for breakfast I can have low fat cheese instead of milk for my Healthy Extra A to add to the omelette which is really yummy. For dinner, we’ve been trying to cook meals that the whole family can enjoy so we’ve had meals such as chicken, savoury rice and vegetables or pasta. I would like to make a few more meals from one of the recipe books but I’ve not had chance yet to look through the book and find out meals that I think Little Mr and hubby would enjoy too.

All my meals are photographed in the form of a food diary which you can see over on Instagram, here. I’m taking photographs because my memory is terrible. I like to look back at them and remember what I ate, what we enjoyed and how they helped towards the weightloss for that week.

I stepped on the scales this evening and saw a loss of 2lb. I’m pleased I’ve lost weight again this week because hand on heart I’ve been really good and written everything down. I’ve not cheated myself and I’m really proud of that. In three weeks, I’ve lost 11lb on the Slimming World plan and i’m rather chuffed with that.

My focus is that I really want to lose weight so I can be a healthier Mama for Little Mr. I want to be able to give him a little brother or sister so that he grows up with a sibling like both my husband and I did. Not only that, I want to wear smaller, fashionable clothes and I want to like my reflection in the mirror. I hope as I lose the weight, my health improves and if we’re lucky enough, we would absolutely love to have another baby. This is my focus and I’m going to try my hardest to get to where I want to be, no matter how long it takes me.

Keep in touch | Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Google Plus

• Reply Donna

You are doing fantastically! The best part of a stone in 3 weeks is incredible. Go you! x

26/08/2014 at 11:35 pm
  • Reply Hannah

Well done and keep going. Photographing the meals is a good idea. I usually keep a paper diary but I either forget to do it or do a cram catch up and can’t remember everything I ate! The last two days were definitely not SW friendly. My lunch Monday was but we think it affected my milk for Jaxon so maybe a bowl of salad for lunch isn’t the way forward. I had jacket potato cheese and beans with salad yesterday and he seemed much happier.

27/08/2014 at 8:54 am
  • Reply Emily G

Wow, you’re doing so well! I love the quote you have at the top, it really is important to keep in mind. I can definitely see a difference 8 weeks in. I love seeing your Instagram pics, I am terrible at remembering to photograph a lot of mine! If you ever need someone to chat to always here….know I’m doing differnt plan but here all the same! X

27/08/2014 at 9:47 am
  • Reply Lynn @ more4mums

Well done that’s a great result xx
    Slimming World definitely seems better than weight watchers. . Definitely better to eat “healthy” real foods.
    Including some protein at every meal is definitely a good idea as it makes you feel fuller longer.
    Keep Going !

28/08/2014 at 12:59 pm
  • Reply Shona

Hello,

I just found you.

I just re-joined SW.

First time i did this, I lost 5lb, no idea how then I had to stop as I was constantly in and out of the Hospital. I re-joined and lost nothing. I am unsure why I struggled. Third time lucky for me.

I had always been toned throughout my ljfe until i got diagnosed with a rare illness and I got put on long term steroids which made me put on 4st. I learnt it’s not the meds but the side effects itself.

I really need help with the SP so I can lose weight but no idea what I can have. I dont eat eggs btw, weetabix, melon. I do have Porridge for breakfast. As i am Scottish, i eat porridge made from water and a pinch of salt with a splash of milk on top and cinnamon
    Any ideas please

08/01/2016 at 2:50 am
    • Reply Emma Shilton

Sorry to hear you’re struggling, my best advice would be to speak to your SW consultant and perhaps do a food diary to show her/him and go through it. Plan out your favourite meals using the books you were given as a new member and have a look at the recipes online. You can have porridge oats as part of your Healthy Extra B but they need to be measured out as per the plan. Take a look at instagram too using the hashtag #slimmingworld and see what others are eating to give you an idea! Good luck x

08/01/2016 at 1:58 pm

I'd love to hear from you