Mr and I have been reviewing the Silver Cross Reflex for three months now and it’s fair to say that we really love it. Not only is it very practical, it’s rather stylish and has lots of features.
The Reflex is very lightweight; it’s really easy to push and with the front swivel wheels make it a dream. It’s just so easy. I’m normally not a fan of two handled pushchairs as I like to push with one hand and multi-task with the other (hold dog lead, use my phone, hold a bottle of water etc) and hate pushchairs that veer off into a wall or towards the road. I have had no problems with the Reflex as it’s always gone where I’ve wanted it too. The handles are adjustable in height too!
The seat in the Reflex is rather spacious which allows for a comfy ride for the little ones. The padded seat cover is removable and can be washed which is a bit of relief when sticky cheesy fingers are annoyingly wiped down the seat! The chest pads are a great addition and very practical (and again can be washed) but they do slip down the straps if the straps aren’t tight enough which is frustrating. The multi position recline is brilliant for sleepy toddlers and can be used from birth with it’s lie flat positioning.
The hood is brilliant. Perfect for sunny days when the little one doesn’t want the sunshine in his eyes. It also provides UPF 50+ protection so would be ideal to take abroad on holiday. Unzip the ventilated hood for more coverage and sneak a peek at your passenger through the spy square in the top of the hood.
Other features we love
- The coloured brakes are brilliant for family members who aren’t used to using a stroller. Easily identifiable and easy to use.
- The umbrella fold – quick and easy to fold down with one hand
- The safety lights – these are fantastic! (You probably wouldn’t use them in the Summer but are a definite advantage in the Winter with the nights drawing in early.
- The articulated bumper bar – folds down easy with the pushchair yet is an important safety feature
- The five point safety harness which is easily adjustable
We’re not so keen on
The basket is a medium size however I don’t think it’s very accessible when there is a toddler sitting in the seat and virtually impossible to access when the seat is fully reclined.
The rain cover is a bit on the skimpy side. I’m disappointed with it. It needs to completely cover the hood not just a few inches at the front and the whole of the foot muff. I felt the sides were a little bit exposed.
TOP TIP – Be careful if you hang anything off the stroller as it’s not designed to carry bags (little ones only) The weight of a changing bag will tip the stroller backwards and give them a fright (sorry Little Mr!) This isn’t a bad thing as pushchairs are for babies not for changing bags!
- The Silver Cross Reflex comes with a padded footmuff which is great to keep little ones warm on a chilly morning. It attaches easily and fits well to the stroller.
- The rain cover as above
- The Reflex can adapt well to a travel system as Simplicity car seat adaptors are included for this use.
The Silver Cross Reflex is priced at £250 with John Lewis online*
Would we recommend it?
Most definitely. The Silver Cross Reflex is a brilliant stroller which is practical, very easy to use and is loved by both Mums and Dads. Little Mr seems very comfortable in the stroller and has fallen asleep in it which I believe speaks volumes.
Take a look at the Silver Cross Reflex microsite here
Disclaimer: We were sent the Reflex for the purpose of this review. All words and images are my own and this forms an honest and reliable review.
(*other retailers are available)