Handmade Monday 09.04.2012

09/04/2012

I’ve been doing a bit of cross stitch recently as I seem to have misplaced the ‘get out the sewing machine’ mojo. I really enjoy cross stitch as it can be picked up pretty much anywhere and doesn’t require too much equipment. I can also make quite a bit of progress on the aida in a spare half an hour. It usually takes me a good half an hour to get everything out and ready when I’m using the sewing machine. I guess that’s the downside to sewing in your dining room!

I’ve managed to complete my Union Jack Forever Friends cross stitch this weekend and I’m really pleased with it. It’s very cute and does actually look like a Forever Friend bear. Some of the cross stitch patterns I’ve seen of late, in my opinion, don’t look like the bears I’ve grown to love and cherish so I’m pleased how this one has come out.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with him yet, I might mount him in a Jubilee inspired cushion with some Makower fabrics I’ve bought. I do worry sometimes that us Brits aren’t allowed to be patriotic so if we can’t celebrate the Great in Great Britain this year with the Queen’s Jubilee and the Olympics I’m not sure when we can! Once I’ve decided what to do with him i’ll be sure to let you see it.

This post links up really well to Handmade Monday which showcases a snippet of the wealth of creative talent in the blogosphere. I’m in awe of the amazing handmade products that people make and it really makes me want to get all my sewing stuff out (sorry hubby) and make something wonderful! {sig}

• Reply mcrafts 09/04/2012 at 8:17 pm

The cross stitch bear is simply gorgeous. Will look forward to seeing what you do with him. Mich x

• Reply Wendy 09/04/2012 at 8:33 pm

What a gorgeous little bear and beautifully done, too. He’d look lovely on a cushion! Thanks for linking up with Handmade Monday x

• Reply Moonstorm 09/04/2012 at 8:57 pm

The bear is gorgous and I like your idea of a cushion. Haven’t done cross stitch myself for a few years now:(

• Reply Alison 09/04/2012 at 9:19 pm

A gorgeous bear. I know what you mean about the sewing machine. I would do more sewing if I had somewhere to leave it up. That’s why I like crochet – I can pick it up and put it down just like your cross stitch.

• Reply Handbags by Helen 09/04/2012 at 10:38 pm

oo, lovely

• Reply Pickle-Lily 13/04/2012 at 6:28 pm

The bear is gorgeous – a lot of work in this I think! I’ve bought some of that fab fabric, but can’t bear to cut it up at the moment!
    Jo x

• Reply Alison 13/04/2012 at 8:05 pm

I was very pleased to receive the Versatile Blogger Award recently and now it gives me great pleasure to nominate you for this award!

To find out more about the Versatile Blogger Award have a look on my blog at the post with the same title. Congratulations :)