Dress dilemma…

After having some very useful stylist advice from Linz, I recently bought this dress online for my friends Wedding and it came yesterday morning.

It is gorgeous. It’s very me, it’s very feminine and very suitable for the wedding. Unfortunately, it doesn’t fit! I’m gutted. It’s too tight around the widest part of my back and the zip doesn’t reach together. What is annoying, is that it’s the same size as all the other clothing I am currently wearing. I don’t want the bigger size up! I have 4 weekends until the wedding and with all the will in the world I don’t think I can lose that much weight. There’s no guarantee either that I’ll lose weight from my back even if I do lose weight so I think I’m going to have to send it back. I would opt for the bigger size but it’s out of stock. As are all the other choice dresses I would choose from their collection. Bummer.

What would you do? Attempt to slim into it and hope it fits for the 19th May or send it back and search for something else? {sig}

• Reply Moonstorm

Two options come to mind (and it’s a tired mind at the mo!) – what about phoning them on Monday to ask if they’ve got the next size up and if not when it might be in or order another similar dress in the bigger size to see if that fits! Gorgeous dress though:)

21/04/2012 at 5:39 pm
    • Reply Moonstorm

I meant to add that may be the next size up in their range is the same size as your current dresses – some of my clothes have quite a large size range. I’ve just shown the dress to my hubby and he loves it – you’ve inspired me to get back on my weightloss regime :)

22/04/2012 at 8:52 am
  • Reply Emma T

That’s always where dresses on me struggle to fit. I tend to send back, and pray I find something else, as i just have wide ribs (not helped by having a baby), but then relatively small boobs which means I struggle in general with dresses.

It’s a gorgeous dress, let’s hope you spot something else similar.

21/04/2012 at 6:53 pm
  • Reply JBs kitchen

Send it back Hun and look for something else in the same style (it’s very pretty!) – I have the same problem with dresses and getting them to fit across the back – I could loose weight but it would still never fit across the back – I have inherited my mums wide back! Perhaps it’s best to do the dress shopping the conventional way – it can be a pain in the backside at the weekend as shops get busy but at least that way you can try them on first, and it should be a bit easier if you know the style you are looking for..maybe do a shorlist on t’internet first?

21/04/2012 at 9:23 pm
  • Reply lana

Honestly………if could get away with- find a cardigan or jacket that I could maybe hide the back problem with lol.. if I loved it that much and the front looked good lol…. :) Ps. Im back :)

22/04/2012 at 3:10 pm
  • Reply Linz M

Oh nightmare, I hate it when this happens! I was going to say, like the above poster, is there no way you can get away with it? I mean does it totally gape or are you nearly there? Is there nothing you could do to make it fit somehow?

Shame to send it back when it’s so lovely, maybe worth calling them to see if they have a size up?

x

24/04/2012 at 2:23 pm
  • Reply tomsnanna

totally gorgeous dress! wouldn’t a dress maker be able to alter it?it’s too fab to send back!!!

05/05/2012 at 9:55 pm
  • I'd love to hear from you!