Meal Planning Monday 30.01.2012

It’s going to be a very busy couple of weeks here in the Shilts household so we’ve planned basic meals as time will be a bit of a premium.

Sunday:  Cod, potatoes and veg
Monday: Sausage and Mash
Tuesday: Supermarket made Pizza (post weigh in treat!)
Wednesday: Italian chicken and rice with veg
Thursday: Chicken and tarragon pie, potatoes and veg
Friday: Oven baked fish and chips (Fish fingers for nephew who is staying with us)
Saturday: Pork chops with dill and garlic salt, potatoes and veg

Lunch will be pasta salads or low fat chicken salad wraps
Breakfast will be Alpen Porridge (going to try the new stuff that’s been advertised, looks delicious!) or granola, yoghurt and fruit.

It’s a bit boring this week with most of the meals being very basic but they’re all WW and time friendly which is what we love when time is short. Why not head over to Mrs M’s blog for more Meal Planning Monday inspiration. Have a good week everyone {sig}

Emma Shilton
Emma Shilton

Emma Shilton, is a UK Family Lifestyle blogger from the West Midlands, UK, Emma is Mummy to two boys; Olly, (born February 2013) who loves Lego, cars and old cartoons and Freddie, (born January 2018) who loves noisy toys and making a mess. The blog follows their adventures as they capture everyday life, family travels and adventures.

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

1. 30/01/2012 / 4:25 pm

I’m interested in that new Alpen porridge too! This looks lovely, proper comfort food!

2. 31/01/2012 / 2:55 pm

Love the sound of the Italian chicken. Italian food is so delicious, unfortunately really rich though…

3. 05/02/2012 / 9:45 pm

Thanks for linking up!

What was the new Alpen porridge like? I love Alpen and love porridge so I should like it really!

• mrsshilts
      05/02/2012 / 9:56 pm

To be honest, it’s just ok! On the advert it looks like there’s loads of bits in it (nuts, fruit etc) but there’s only a few pieces so I’m thinking I could probably make a better version myself. Had a bowl full with added strawberries this morning was quite nice

• Rosaleen
        19/06/2012 / 10:41 am

Could somebody tell me how many PP in 40g of Alpen Porriage?

• mrsshilts
          20/06/2012 / 8:10 pm

Hiya, I’m sure it was 5pp per 40g

• Rosaleen
            20/06/2012 / 11:42 pm

Thank you very much for that – I had counted it as 4 PP but then when I noticed the amount of sugar in it I thought I was totally wrong.

• Rosaleen
        19/06/2012 / 8:57 pm

Yes, Mrs Shilts, I would totally agree with you – advert looked great but don’t think it was very exciting. Would like to know PP in 40g & then I’ll decide if its worth it!!

I'd love to hear from you