When I first set up my blog I never imagined for one second that anyone would ever read it. I thought it would be a place other than facebook and twitter that i could really say whats on my mind without all the questions and concerns! So I am pleased as punch that Mandy has given me this award because even though the road behind me has been a rocky one, i’m chuffed that the road ahead looks quite good and I am a very lucky girly.
Well, conditions of the award are as follows….
1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award ever! CHECK!
2. Choose one of the following options of accepting the Oh My Blog! award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus. I’m far too sensible to do this (unfortunately!)
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment. There have been quite a few…see below…
(c) Write a “soundtrack of your childhood” post.. boybands!!
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog where you’re basically talking to the camera about whatever..Maybe in the future…
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it. The world is definately NOT ready to see MrsShilts first thing, I reserve this priviledge to Mr Shilts and my bathroom mirror!!
3. Pass the award onto at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers and let them know… Read on…
My most embarrassing moment – well there have been a few that I can recall and they make me giggle looking back so i’ll share a couple with you ..
1) Going to the opticians and been asked to “open wide” so I sat there with my mouth wide open and the optician was like “No, your eyes Emma!”
2) One of my first ever intimate moments with a bloke who shall not be named many moons again and I went “Is that it?” ha ha (P.S for the record its not Mr Shilts!)
3) In an interview I was asked what my weaknesses are and whilst without being modest i couldnt think of many, I said “I’m a bit gullable!” D’oh! What was I thinking? Obviously I didn’t get the job…
Soundtrack of my childhood – When I was younger I was totally in love with Mark Owen from Take That and Brian Littrell from Backstreet Boys. I was very lucky to go and see both boybands in concert and my bedroom was covered in posters from magazines such as Smash Hits, Look In and Just 17. Imagine my delight after all these years when Take That got back together and announced they were doing another tour. I was made up! This time around though, I do rather fancy Gary Barlow…swoon!!!
I’ve dug this photo out from a few weekends back which is as good as it’ll get to MrsShilts being seen ‘au naturel’, this is me with my nephew Kye on a raining Saturday morning in my tent having a cuddle to get warm.
Finally, I need to nominate at least 3 bloggers whose blogs inspire me and make me want to do more with my life..
Apart from Mandy’s, Linz’s and Gemma’s, all of which I follow on a daily basis (and who already have a blog award) i’d like to nominate the following…
1) Alice – A Little Less of Alice – this little lady has an amazing weightloss story and a very bright future ahead of her!
2) Bryher’s Blog – another very inspirational weightloss story, Bryher is living proof that it can be done..
3) Heather – Notes from Lapland – nothing to do with weightloss, Heather is an expat living near Lapland and is the chief of Secretpostclub