About Life According to MrsShilts
1) This is a personal blog written by me, Emma (also known as MrsShilts on social media)
2) I’m Mummy to one, very cheeky, once-curly blonde haired little boy, Olly, born in February 2013
3) I’m married to Shilts, a Senior University Lecturer, and this year we’re celebrating 10 years of marriage in 2017 after being together since 2003.
4) I’m Blogger of the Month for January 2017, thanks to Tots100 and my blog ranked as No.1 in the Tots100 Parenting Blog charts that has over 8,000 registered UK family blogs.
5) I was named as one of nine most influential Birmingham mum Twitter users in the Midlands (Thank you Birmingham Mail – September 2015) and one of the Midlands most influential twitter users at Number 70 (out of 250) according to The Birmingham Mail, in August 2015.
5) I was shocked (and rather amazed) to be named as a finalist in the Outstanding Contribution category in the MAD Blog Awards (September 2015)
6) I work four days per week in Education Human Resources. I work in a school but I don’t get the holidays off, boo!
7) I’ve lost FIVE stone (70lb) with Slimming World since August 2014 and continuing to do so.
8) My blog started as a record of my weight loss back in 2008 but has since covered our attempts to start a family, my pregnancy with Olly, and more recently, the life and times of being a modern Mama, more weight loss and my desire to be a Mama of two. We have worked with many high profile brands including Huggies with Fearne Cotton and Little Tikes with Greg Rutherford.
9) I love surrounding myself with colour and patterns especially breton stripes, polka dots, Cath Kidston florals and Emma Bridgewater stars!
10) My cup is always half full, life is far too short!
For more information and details on how to work with me or my family, please visit the PR and Contact Info page.